Monday, August 24, 2020

Day 6 - Arizona


 I was up early this morning and while watching the news learned that the haze and cloudiness I saw all day yesterday was due to the smoke from the California fires. Wow!

New Mexico has some interesting overpass artwork. 


I started seeing landscapes that are more typical of the western New Mexico and Arizona area.

The drive started on I 40 West but then went to highways that were mostly two lane and traveled  through the Navajo reservation lands. 


There were no rest areas along the way with the exception of some picnic spots. They had tables and this structure. I have no idea what it is. 

We arrived in Page Arizona a little after noon and were able to check in and get some lunch. After that I took a very short off road drive in the Glen Canyon Recreation Area. It was much sandier than the Arches trip so I was careful not to get stuck. I will put a short video together but probably not until I get back to Bandon. 




[Bob's Jeep Drive video added ] 

Spongy said he is tired and ready to hit the sack.

There is a scenic view spot just down the road from the hotel. I suspect the sunset will be pretty nice due to the smoke so I'll go there tonight and then add a picture if it turns out. 

[later] Well it wasn't quite as spectacular as I expected but the views were great anyway. It was a bit of a walk down to the viewpoint and a climb back up but here are a few pics. 



Tomorrow will be a visit to the north rim of the grand canyon.  I've been to the south rim and this side is less visited. From there I will either go to Kanab UT or St George UT depending on how long I spend at the  National Park.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/29smBQdWMgumkZCy5

No comments:

Post a Comment